Hola Unlimited Free VPN
IP masker that allows access to blocked sites
- Category Add-ons
- Program license Free
- Version 1.127.714
- Size 452.56 kB
- Works under: Windows XP / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista
- Program available in English
- Program by Hola Networks Ltd.
Hola Unblocker, also known as Hola Unlimited Free VPN, is the leading choice for those who want to switch proxy settings to avoid the restrictions found in certain parts of the world.
When you sign up for a video streaming service like Hulu or Netflix, you expect to have full access to all the content those companies provide. As you pay a monthly fee for that service, you want to watch television shows and films everywhere you go. You may not realize that those companies actually limit what you can watch based on your current location. The deals that those companies have with studios and production houses determine what content is available in each region. Canadian Netflix often gets shows like “Scream” months before American users do, and other streaming services allow international customers to view popular shows like “The Big Bang Theory” and block those shows from American viewers.
With Hola Unblocker, you can now change your settings and get full access to the content libraries offered by those companies. This is an extension that you can download and use when watching videos online with either Firefox or Chrome. You click right on the extension that sits at the top of the page to change your proxy settings, which will make it look like you are in a completely different country. It also works great for those who live in a region that blocks or restricts some of these sites.
Though you'll find dozens of countries listed, not all countries actually work. It can take some trial and error to find a country proxy that will give you the access that you want. Some users will like experimenting with different settings and codes to find a proxy that works right for them.
Hola Unblocker works with a variety of sites and with different plugins and extensions too. The main complaint that some users have is that it tends to slow down their streaming speeds. When watching videos on some sites, you might find that the video buffers for a few minutes or frequently pauses. You should also keep in mind that it will not unblock every site available and that it doesn't work with all streaming services. If you want access to more movies and TV shows though, you should definitely give Hola Unblocker a try.
- Easy to use because of the convenient location of the extension on your browser
- Has dozens of proxy settings for different countries included
- Works with streaming services and sites like Hulu and Netflix
- Lets you access content not available in your current region
- Can change the settings to access other proxies
- Doesn't work on all sites or all streaming services
- Some country codes no longer work
- Proxy settings may change in the middle of a video
- Can slow down streaming speeds
- Only works with Chrome and Firefox